For the love of Detroit.
The Platform was established in 2016 when the acquisition of the iconic Fisher Building brought Peter Cummings and Dietrich Knoer together. With more than 60 collective years of experience—and a legacy of successful development projects in Detroit—they made a conscious decision to build a platform that would contribute to the city’s resurgence. To bring this dream to life, they assembled a team of young and diverse professionals poised to be the next generation of developers through ongoing mentorship and hands-on experience.
The Platform’s vision includes transit-oriented mixed-used developments that create quality residential and retail opportunities along the Woodward Corridor in the core of the city. But it also extends to projects and expands to neighborhoods that embrace the whole of the city in equally vibrant and sometimes unexpected ways. This allows The Platform to exercise their expertise while stretching their potential as a development company.
We are committed to:
- Working throughout the city. We pay attention to both the core and the neighborhoods because we can't bring one up without the other.
- Connecting to communities to plan our developments in thoughtful and relevant ways.
- Developing mixed income and market rate communities that are mindful of existing residents and retailers.
- Excellence in design and construction from rehab to new construction.
- Placemaking activities that welcome all.
- Making smart investments with benefits beyond our bottom-line.
- Raising the next generation of developers in Detroit.